They were built from the year 1366 by order of Peter the ceremonious and make an oval enclosure with a perimeter of about 1,500 m thirty towers. The original building was made of adobe and masonry. The towers, but one of polygonal, are rectangular, open to the inside and are reinforced with blocks. Formerly the whole area was surrounded by a moat. Three sites are conserved, that of Bover, Sant Jordi and the castles, this open later.
During the War of the Reapers, in 1649, the town was raided by the Castilian troops and part of the wall was left badly damaged. A century after the towers were sold to individuals who settled homes. The recovery began in 1971.