Documented in 1076. Before the 959 Domenech gives the church of Santa Cruz and Santa Eulalia and William Bishop of Barcelona the place to build the castle. Occupied by French troops in 1808, after his expulsion was occupied by Spanish troops three years later. In 1874 power passed to the municipality reform it. From the original castle remains a round tower and part of the walls that made up the defense.