The first castle was built in the mid twelfth century Solivella for Gombau of Oluja. During the thirteenth century belonged to the then Puigverd Anglesola. Returned to crown the next century, and after passing through several hands, King Alfonso the Magnanimous was sold to Ramon Berenguer of Llorac in 1424.
By the late fifteenth or early sixteenth Llorac the built-in, using the old buildings, a great Renaissance palace, surrounded by walls and fossars, with round towers at the corners and a large central courtyard. In 1599, Philip III created the Barony of Solivella. In the eighteenth century the castle passed by marriage into the hands of the family Despujol.
The Carlist wars left the castle, badly damaged, although it kept its main elements and little by little until it was ruined in 1915 the council was dynamite.
Currently only standing remains of a medieval English and a portal, and various remains of towers, tanks, walls and the large parade ground, all carefully restored in 2008.