The silhouette of the castle tower of St. Perpetua, with their characteristic triangular floor, next to the church, is one of the most vistents prints of the region.
The castle is documented since 1012 but the place certainly has a continuous settlement since ancient times, even before the invasion sarraïna.A early eleventh century was the possession of salt facilities, a descendant of the Counts of Conflent but soon passed into the hands of the Counts of Barcelona, where the infeudaren the brains as the twelfth century. In the XII century it belonged to the Earl of Savallà and early nineteenth century, the Count of Aytona.
The tower that has pervingut has a special interest in being the only plant in Catalonia triangular. Was probably built during the tenth century, although it must have been subsequently modified. Beside the tower there are other remains of the castle, including a remarkable canvas of a ship with a pre-Romanesque arch-point round.