The location of Vilanova de Prades is documented since 1159. From its ancient castle not rest much. However, the place where it was shown that even the bare rocks must have served as the foundation of the tower and its walls. From the year 1324 his term was integrated into the County Prades, which in the mid-fifteenth century merged with Cardona. Towards the end of the fifteenth century, the town had only nine fires. The sixteenth century was a period of development, which has left some testimony adovellats portals, and the population increased to 20 fires, in 1553. The other major period of expansion occurs from mid-nineteenth century when the town and then adapts its appearance, little altered over the years.